Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ilinois Bar Exam Material

Like many, I have been balancing contract work for law firms and trying to make ends meet.  Thus, I am doing the IL Bar Exam "on the cheap."

I will be downloading all the MEE essay material from the NCBE Web site (see sidebar to my blog under Illinois Bar exam.)  The remaining MEE material I will need to acquire directly from NCBE (e.g. National Conference of Bar Examiners.)  I use the actual bar exam material to develop a series of rule statements and essay templates.

I will also download all the MPT material from the same site and using it to study ala my tips found in recent posts.

As it concerns the Illinois Essay Exams (IEE's), I have copied almost ten years of recent exam material, sans model answers and will be outlining these essays.  Illinois does not publish their questions or answers, however, Bar Bri does have an Illinois specific book on these essays.  Feel free to contact me directly at: kstudylaw@gmail.com concerning this material. 

Funny that the IEE for Feb. 2010 was modeled after the SF Giants and their errant million dollar baseball.  Here's where recent case law was really relevant!

To find bar exam material "on the cheap," check craig's list, amazon.com, e-bay and the like.  Since I understand that IL changed the IEE's in 2007, with less emphasis on Civ Pro, the later editions of Bar Bri material are probably better given this.

I'm still gathering some of my submissions for the IL Bar examiners as well as scraping the $ together to register for the exam.

And, I am less hopeful that I'll have ExamSoft to rely on.  I'll probably hand-write my practice answers to the exam because Illinois, unlike California, seems to do things the old fashioned way.  (How unfortunate!)

No comments: