Sunday, February 20, 2011

Go Well into the Februrary 2011 Bar Exam!

Having returned to California from Illinois, I have secured a temporary contract assignment as a Legal Secretary. . .I am reestablishing my life.  Under these circumstances, I decided to sit for the bar exam, for the 3rd time, in July 2011 while I have periodically been coaching or assisting my former bar study partner who, like me, failed the July 2010 bar exam with only a few points shy of a passing score.  Rather than being disheartened, both of us were encouraged to know that the exam can be passed; it takes one more try, one last push.

So, to my bar study partner and friend, if you are reading this, I know that you've made a serious effort to prepare for the February 2011 bar exam, and that you've had the best of coaching from our tutor.  I am behind you 100%.  You have perservered, again, despite many pressures that life has placed in your way.  Go into this exam with confidence (but not over-confidence).  Go in knowing that you are well prepared.   Be sure to do some zen-like breathing.  And, if you feel yourself lacking in knowledge on the essays, make up a rule and analyze the facts against it. And, may Lady Luck be on your side. It is my sincere hope that in May 2011, when you receive your results, you receive a passing score. 

To all other February 2011 bar exam takers, whether repeaters or "first timers," may Lady Luck also be on your side.

2 comments:

flyinglowundertheradar said...

Thank you again for all your advice and guidance! Whatever happens this week, I do feel like I'm about as prepared as I could be, and I hope I can handle whatever they throw at me!

Change of Venue said...

Michelle - It has been a delight getting to know you through your comments and questions. You are insightful, persistent, and dedicated to the task at hand. Given your background, you should do well. And, if you stumble, make up a rule, with elements, and analyze against this made-up rule. You will pick up points from the bar-graders, rather than lose them. Go well into the exam. . .and believe in yourself and your abilities. May Lady Luck also be on your side and the stars aligned for you to pass this exam.