Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Winning the Feb. 2012 Bar Exam Game

I went to a party Saturday evening and when I was asked "What do you do?," I said, "I'm a lawyer."

Gosh, I'm a lawyer!  The reality of it hasn't quite set in.

"You're a lawyer?"

"Yes, newly minted, and this is the first group I've said that to!"

In 5 days, my first tutored student sits down to take the bar exam.  I have confidence in her and believe that she has all that it takes to rock this exam.

When YOU go into the exam, calm your nerves, and keep all distractions (including your self-talk) at bay.  Write down your timing on scratch paper and quickly skim each essay exam.  Strategize.  For example, I wrote the 2nd most difficult essay first to get my mind humming.  I saved the easiest essay for last so that I could dedicate a little more time to the most challenging "assignment."

Keep your eye on the clock.

And, if you see an issue but can't remember a rule, make up a rule statement, and analyze the facts against this made up rule.  You'll still receive points.

But, most of all, BELIEVE in you.  YOU CAN DO THIS!  YOU CAN ROCK THIS EXAM!

No comments: