Friday, June 5, 2009

Passing the MPRE

The MPRE exam is Friday, August 7, 2009 and I will be one of those few people who took the bar exam who still need to take the MPRE.

Although from a scan of blogs about the MPRE, the test is considered either easy to "tricky" according to a Harvard Law blog, no multiple choice test for me is without challenge. In fact, according to my high school supervisor, I was told that I was "too dumb to go to college." Although I was on the Dean's List, my ACT scores were abysmal. Perhaps, however, I should thank this woman since after crying, I decided that she was wrong, emphatically wrong. So, go to college I did, and graduate school, too. But, I know that multiple choice questions are still my biggest weakness.

Someone wrote a comment on my blog and provided tips about studying for the MBE's. This commentator said that each day s/he did 25 MBE's and "journaled" the questions that s/he missed. S/he reviewed this journal regularly to ensure that, on a 2nd or 3rd pass, that s/he was able to correctly answer these questions. I've decided to apply this exam preparation strategy to studying for the MPRE. In November, when exam results are issued, I'll have first-hand evidence about how this strategy worked for me.

I've also discovered that there is a book called, "Strategies and Tactics for the MPRE," a companion book to the MBE test taking strategy book which was the ONE book highly recommended by survey takers. (See sidebar.)

And, for those of you who would quickly like to share your MPRE exam experience, please click here to take my survey:

Click Here to take survey

A list of MPRE resources can be found on the sidebar of my blog.

No comments: