Thursday, May 27, 2010

Going Solo

I didn't think that I could do this on my own. I had a generous, patient tutor coaching me; he set me on the right path to understanding the strategy behind the game. I finally "get it" and now I am working diligently towards following the path before me. . .a yellow brick road?

But, now I am going solo. I can no longer afford my tutor, and it was only with tears (and last night's crying jag), that, in fairness to him, we ended our tutoring relationship.

And, my unofficial study partner, so often at the same library, is appearing less and less. . .I am alone and pushing forward toward the exam. His caring nature, and people insights were surprising, and I enjoyed his company.

At least, by camping out at a law library, I am surrounded by attorneys who walk by and silently smile at the bar exam materials strewn about the table. This makes me feel less alone and more driven, because they, too, had to study for and pass the California Bar exam, an initiation rite that we all share in common.

1 comment:

BB said...

Sometimes I think the Universe is testing us. Almost every time I've been on the start of a big change, something happens to try to hold me back as if to ask, "do you want this?. I stop, take a breath, and move forward.

You aren't alone.