Sunday, November 20, 2011

Follow your dreams

Last night, after a bottle of wine and a good dinner fixed by a friend, and my computer waiting near by, I felt sufficiently inebriated to deaden any pain.  My friend, another "repeater," looked up my results and exclaimed, "You passed!"

"What?" I asked. "What did you say?"

"You PASSED!"

She hugged me and I screamed and screamed and screamed.

And cried...

And looked at the screen for confirmation many times.

And this is what I saw. . .

The name above appears on the pass list for the July 2011 California Bar Exam.

For those of you who also saw the sentence above, CONGRATULATIONS!

For those of you who did not, believe in YOU.  It took me 3 attempts - You CAN do this, too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In two minutes, I'll be able to see whether you passed or not, but I clicked your blog first while I wait. I better not "SCREAM AND SCREAM AND SCREAM" because the neighbors will wake up and it's Sunday morning... and the security guard might come and ask WTF's the matter.

Incredible! It's finally OVER! If you hadn't passed, the whole ordeal would continue and I just wanted it to be OVER.

It's OVER!

"Congratulations" just seems too pale a term... I'm glad this comes as we're entering the Christmas season, it does seem so appropriate. Not quite a gift, since you earned it, but still it's like unwrapping the best package ever.

--Amy in Yellowknife

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! Been following your blog.

I'm gearing up for Feb after years away from the law. I hope you detail the changes you made / what you feel pushed you over the line.

Best wishes!

flyinglowundertheradar said...

OMG, I'm so happy for you!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!