Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hypnosis

Having read a 2007 article about hypnosis and the bar exam, and having met an attorney who employed a hypnotist for her repeat performance at the exam, I was "primed" for the same.  My second bar study partner gave me some CD's to copy - which I am presuming he received from someone else - and which I played every evening beginning in February 2011 up until and through the bar exam.

At first, the old man's "creaky" voice bothered me until I found his voice soothing; This past bar exam, everything in my life had set me up to fail; I was working but poverty-stricken, my mother died, and I was bordering on living in my car with my cat.  I was scared, really scared.  But, every night I listened to this faceless old man say, "Do not let someone else's negativity affect you...you are a winner!" until I came to believe this myself.  I began to be able to examine my life from a distance, and if living in my car was temporarily required, I had planned to speak with the local police to find a safe place to park at night, and I found a gym that, for $29.00 a month, would afford me a place both to exercise and to shower.  It would be OK.  Everything would be OK.  Everything WAS okay.

I believed that -- no matter what - I could survive.  No matter what - I had the "stuff" to pass the California Bar exam.

Not knowing who this marvelous hypnotist is who helped me to turn my life around, I have provided a link to the 2007 article on hypnosis and the bar exam and a link to the hypnotist employed by Bar Winners, in the hopes that this may help you calm your own anxiety and fears.  Believing in yourself is a large part of the passing equation, and this belief must come from within you.

http://www.masterthepast.com/test-taking/

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/11/prweb565676.htm

"Google" bar exam and hypnosis and you should be able to discover a hypnotist in your area, or a set of CD's that works for you and that is affordable.

No comments: