Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bar Exam Survival Kit

Now, with the exam only 12 days hence, it's time to wind down one's studies.  I, myself, am doing what I call my "clean sweep."  Having now written or outlined 84 essays, I am sweeping each subject looking for sub-issues that I may have missed or need to re-review.  Today, it's civil procedure and motions to remand to state court, rights to jury trial in federal and California couts, and that "bugabo" that I must re-affix in my mind - joinder of parties.

Aside from that, I've made my hotel reservations at the testing site and put together my bar exam survival kit with a few sundry items to add -

  • Aspirin or a pain reliever of choice
  • Prilosec to keep my stomach acids at bay (for those with less queezy stomachs, Tums might suffice)
  • Bandaids and antibiotic ointment (yes, I cut my arm on metal library shelves recently)
  • Pencil sharpener
  • No. 2 pencils
  • Highlighters
  • Ear plugs
  • Pillows for one's seat
  • An analog watch
Peppermints for sustanence and to keep my stomach calm (although mints, food, and water are NOT allowed!)

I will bring a power strip and ethernet cable just in case . . .

A word of caution, no cell phones are allowed so put your electronic instruments away.

Water is meted out by the bar examiners . . .a few sips, if time affords . . .

No comments: