Monday, July 26, 2010

Relation Back and a Winning Game

It occurred to me that going into the JULY 2010 exam, that I should not mentally, emotionally or psychically relate back to my first exam experience in February 2009.  I have spent the time with my tutor to learn the answers to my question at that time, mainly "What went wrong?"  Now, I know what went wrong. I know what my weaknesses and strengths were; I am committed to play to my strengths.  And, I committed, during the past few months, to improve my weaknesses.  Now, I must NOT relate back to my first experience, but enter this experience as if it were new, as if I were taking this exam for the FIRST time.

No self-doubts, self confidence is what's called for.  I must pretend that I am like an Olympic athlete who faltered and fell in the rink, and is back to bring home the GOLD - undaunted and well practiced.  I can almost hear the roars of the crowd, the come-back kid is here again!  Did you see that triple-turn?  The elegance of the skating?  The synchronization with her partner?  "Ahhh!," sighs the crowd who collectively experience a silent chill at the beauty of the movements of the skating while hearing the skates cut the ice.

I can only dream about being an Olympic skater, but I can make passing the California bar exam a reality.  You can, too!

So, my final thoughts - play the game to win!

No comments: