Saturday, June 26, 2010

Reverse Engineering - Game Theory

MBE's

Rather than do FLASHCARDS, I am following my tutor's approach and writing MBE Journals. The value of journals is that I can organize all BLACK LETTER Rules which I am taking from the answers, along with the "trigger" facts in groups of logically related Black Letter Law.

I will be doing my third MOCK BAR on Monday, during which I will use bar issued exam questions, and doing 200 MBE's under simulated exam conditions. By end of Monday, I will have done 2,000 MBE's.

As a repeater, I spent limited time reviewing the law. I threw myself into the MBE pool to sink or swim. I sank, a lot, but in sinking, I also learned. And, now I am swimming, achieving new highs (and occasional lows.)

ESSAYS

I have written 22 essays, each under timed conditions, and formally outlined 40, for a total of 62 written or reviewed. Over the next few days, I am developing one big FAT essay book with a Table of Contents which details common themes that are tested by subject, for which I have a model answer or outline of my own. I strip off the rules from Conviser or from PMBR's model outline book, a book which, although prepared for the MBE, has excellent rule statements and practical approaches.

I will write at least one essay per day, if not two.

PERFORMANCE TESTS

I have written two, and plan to write two more. This week and up until the weekend before the exam, I will review all 22 PT's provided by the bar examiners so that I am familiar with the types of tasks required - persuasive MPA's, Memos, closing arguments.

FOCUS

My focus is on the exam itself and the discrete issues tested, and the few wild cards.

Come exam time, baby, it's "Game On!" (Perhaps I am a little slap happy?) I love the lawyer down the hall who advised writing 100 essays; this is not humanely possible for a gal who works (a gal has to eat, after all!) But, if I had the time, I'd follow his advice...

No comments: