Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Life in Storage

Aside from the black letter law, this is all that I can think of. Someone recently e-mailed me and called the bar exam a "ridiculous hazing ritual," and I'd have to agree. But, it is a ritual that we all have to go through to become licensed attorneys; J.D.s we have not yet earned the legal right to call ourselves lawyers. We need a license to practice the law.

Last night, my brain over-saturated with black letter law, revolted. "I'm too tired to go on!" it exclaimed. My body chimed in, "I need some sleep, pleazze!" And, so, reluctantly, I gave in and found myself falling, falling into a deep sleep that even my persistent cat found difficult to awaken me from.

My life is in storage, hanging in the balance, while I focus on achieving my dreams.

No comments: