Saturday, May 30, 2009

A,B,C,D,E...Which One is the Magical Answer?



Having taken PMBR to prepare for the Feb. 2009 California bar examination, when testing day came, I remember sitting down, organizing my sharpened pencils, pulling out the scantron sheet and opening the answer book. To me, the questions looked hard. I was slow to answer the first question; it seemed that my brain just could not gather speed. And, I thought, "I can't do this. I want to leave this exam, just get up, walk out and leave." But, then I answered these thoughts with, "You've spent time preparing for this exam. You know MBE's are not your strong suit, but, plow ahead. Do your absolute best!" So, I did some yogic breathing, pushed these thoughts away, and forged ahead.

When PMBR sent a survey to me about the exam shortly afterwards, I said that there were a number of questions on anti-deficiency law and mortgages, encumbrances on real property, and questions about wills and property not covered in their review course.

When I received my scores, I did as well as I expected. At least, I did not underperform against my own expectations. Now, when people ask me, "What are you doing for your summer vacation?," I'll reply, "Spending my early mornings with MBE's."

"Huh?"

"Long story, dude!"

But, now I need some guidance (and perhaps you do, too). Which one MBE material would you recommend? Please take this brief survey to help me and other repeaters and first-timers, choose their MBE material.

Click Here to take survey

Results from this survey will be published on this blog as soon as 35 or more people have responded to this survey.

And, if you haven't taken my survey about your bar exam experience as a whole (see right sidebar to this blog), please participate. I'd like to have 100 respondents prior to analyzing and publishing the results.

Your answers are confidential; you are not asked for identification. Your collective responses will be summarized and published on this blog.

P.S. Check out the "California Exam Repeater's Blog" for links to MBE materials.

1 comment:

Jaybad said...

Good luck on the July exam! Hope the survey results help! -Jaya